StorageDefender is an emerging tech start-up, development and service delivery company in Denton, Texas. We have a nationally growing client base, presently in more than 20 US states and our market segment focuses in the area of commercial, self-storage and real-estate internet of things (IoT) B2B and B2B2C monitoring services.
As our quality engineer, you will play a vital role in ensuring we maintain enterprise quality service metrics across the company, which is key to our immediate and future success. You will oversee, monitor, and drive improvements in various aspects of our company – including our products, processes and field operations, and ultimately support efforts to maintain high quality networking and field performance. The role will involve extensive collaboration with our software and hardware engineering personnel, sales and customer support, internal operations, and working with our third party contract manufacturers. You will contribute by instituting quality monitoring tools into various aspects of the business whether telematic devices being produced at our manufacturer, building upon our network monitoring dashboards, instituting incoming inspection processes, and implementing quality improvement projects. You will be involved both in new product design and field product quality.
- Own Field Quality Monitoring (FQM) System & Drive Improvement to attain/maintain enterprise grade quality levels
- Will be the gatekeeper & driver for field network performance quality improvement: process control, monitoring facility performance, KPI Reporting
- Project Management
- Requires the ability to be flexible, technically knowledgeable, and organized.
- Must be able to identify, maintain, and prioritize top quality improvement efforts.
- Identify and manage a number of high property, quality improvement projects.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors develop detailed site deployment plans, ensuring resource and equipment availability/allocation
- Maintain project plans and ensure projects executed with the appropriate urgency, closure, and within budget.
- Improve/maintain our process and documentation governance model.
- Monitor New Deployment Quality:
- Review/Sign-off on each new deployment that meets quality standards (performance, documentation)
- Audit and ensure documentation for network quality of deployments, quality of work, location of equipment, and other essential documentation completed by field personnel.
- Review/improve/monitor deployment pre-flight, on-site, and post-deployment documentation compliance
- Failure Analysis / RMA
- Drive Supervise the RMA process
- Perform failure analysis, write reports, maintain orderly documentation, and drive correction actions through engineering, operation, and customer support as required.
- Continuous Process and Procedure Improvement (six sigma)
- Own standard operating procedures development documentation and execution – whether in product design, incoming product quality, or field quality.
- Establish productivity, service method, and Key Performance Indicators to ensure highly efficient and low-cost continuum of field deployment are utilized.
- Work together with relevant teams and departments to improve products
- New Product Quality sign-off
- Ensure Design for Quality during design phase.
- Desired: BS in Engineering, Operations or similar degree. Masters Preferred.
- 2-5 years professional experience in quality and process improvement.
- Education interest/emphasis on process and product design, manufacturing processes, data analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including proficiency in MSEXCEL or equivalent data analysis tools.
- Background in field installation/operations, ideally wireless networking, cable, smart home, alarms, and/or other utilities would be a plus..
- Education and ideally experience deploying process improvement methodologies.
- Desired certifications in Six Sigma / Lean.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Process-Oriented, highly organized, meticulous
- Highly analytical, with proficiency in data modeling/analysis/reporting tools including Microsoft products, including deeper proficiency with MS EXCEL. Ideally experienced in more advanced business intelligence tools.
- Ideally familiar with Six-sigma or similar quality improvement methodologies.
- Ability to work with peers and supervise direct reports
- Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
- Self-directed but flexible and adaptable
- Can work outdoors in summer (sunny / hot temperatures) and winter (cold temperatures)
- Comfortable and willing to work on ladders and on top of building roofs
- Can carry up to 30 lbs weight intermittently up to 4 hours a day
- Driver’s license
- HQ (Denton County, TX) (Expected to be on site up to 3-4 days / week)
- Home office (remote)
- Estimated travel < 15%
- Base Salary + Performance Bonus
- Stock Options
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time off
- Company funded ST/LD Disability
- Co-funded Medical, Dental, Optical offered at group rates